Cardiac Surgery Group is seeking an experienced Cardiothoracic clinical Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for their very high acuity environment! They will also consider providers with solid critical care or emergency medicine experience.
The provider will cover the Cardiovascular ICU, Stepdown unit and rarely an outpatient. Candidate will work 3 days per week, 13-14hrs/day. No set schedule, days, nights, weekends, holidays, must be flexible.
This position is responsible for participating in all aspects of pre and postoperative care of the cardiac surgical patient.
1. Performs and documents preoperative evaluation (history and physical examinations).
2. Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
3. Examines and evaluates postoperative patients in both in-hospital and outpatient settings.
4. Writes orders for medication and treatments, under guidelines of licensure.
5. Performs invasive procedures such as placement of arterial and central venous lines, and insertion of chest tubes.
6. Completes discharge summaries and transfers orders.
7. Participates in patient rounds and case conferences.
8. Works in collaboration with staff surgeon and house staff in educating the patients and their families in medical care.
9. Works with staff in providing patient care in the following locations: the intensive care units (CCU, CVICU, MICU), Cardiac Surgical Nursing Units, Cardiology Units, and staff cardiac surgeons clinical practice area.
10. Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education, and review of literature for self.
Required Procedures: Removal of chest tubes, sutures, and temporary pacing wires
Salary is based upon experience! Plus Comprehensive Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k, 403b, CME Monies, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Much More!
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Critical & Intensive Care
12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Boston, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Critical Care: 1 year (Preferred)
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
Physician Assistant License (Preferred)