- Assesses patient's physical and psychosocial health/illness status through history taking and physical examination.
- Provide treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Demonstrate the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients.
- Communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Complete charting and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Perform common urgent care procedures such as wound repair, abscess drainage, splinting, ECG and X-ray interpretation.
- The provider should be comfortable with sutures and fractures.
- Practices within the collaborative model with physicians, nurse practitioners and clinical psychologists
- Diagnoses, manages, and appropriately refers patients with acute, episodic, or chronic illness according to department protocols.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests according to established guidelines.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- May participate in medical and/or nursing research.
- Participates in defining nursing standards, practices, and educational needs of patient care staff
- May share call responsibilities of the service.
- Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse required
- Massachusetts Licensed required
- Certified in Massachusetts to practice in the expanded role as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
- Certified in CPR/AED or equivalent.
- Urgent Care experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in occupational health a plus but not required
- Proven ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work alone but with physician consultation availability
- Demonstrated mastery of a specialty area or other related field normally acquired by 3-5 years progressively responsible nursing experience a plus.
We are strategically located within an hour’s drive from metro Boston and thirty minutes from metro Worcester. Commuting is easy within the region and for Boston commuter’s, the MBTA offers train service from the new intermodal center in downtown Fitchburg extending into Boston with convenient stations in North Leominster, Shirley and Ayer. Even air travel is convenient in North Central Massachusetts with private jet service at the Fitchburg Regional Airport, Worcester Airport and with major international airports in Boston, Providence and Manchester, N.H., no more than 90 minutes away.
This is an area of diversity- homes/neighborhood/suburb setting, country acreage, in city living, apartments, condos, etc. Add in the intellectual resources provided by some of the nation’s top colleges and universities and its’ easy to see why Massachusetts provides fertile ground for business growth.
Housing is more affordable here, too, with choices ranging from antique homesteads in pre-Revolutionary villages to historic farms, custom homes and modern condominiums. The area is rich in history, heritage and charm. It offers the conveniences of the City with the rural living for the great outdoors. The North Central Region is home to numerous state parks and forests, miles and miles of hiking and biking trails, snowmobile trails that ultimately connect with a system that runs into Canada, protected wildlife habitats, dozens of spots to canoe or kayak, even a place to make parachute jumps! Additionally the region is only a short distance from the seashore to the east and the Berkshire Mountains to the west.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC221642 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: brittmedical.com/search-current-jobs