Seeking Full-time PA-C or ANP within the Orthopedic Department; Call 1:3-4.
Job Duties include :
- Elicit a personal medical history; performs an appropriate physical examination and records pertinent data in the patient's medical record
- Administer or prescribe medications as needed, including: injections, immunizations and oral medications
- Provide patient care; assesses and treats problems as indicated and seeks physician intervention when necessary
- Perform / assist in routine diagnostic studies as needed
- Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and / or counseling
- Assist in the delivery of services to patients by reviewing and monitoring treatment and therapy plans; and seeks physician intervention when necessary
- Preoperative visits as assigned. Coordinating with orthopedic representatives regarding specific surgical equipment needs. Coordinate with surgical facility equipment and procedures. Educate surgical staff on surgical equipment and procedures. Puts in surgical orders as needed.
- During surgical procedures performs duties of first assist
- Performs hospital round and discharges as necessary
- Perform evaluation and treatment procedures necessary to ensure appropriate response to life-threatening emergency situations
- Facilitate referral of patients to other appropriate community healthcare facilities, agencies and resources
- Write prescriptions for medications, according to state regulation and practice protocol
- Responsible for documenting patient info in electronic medical record (Cerner)
- When appropriate will visit local skilled nursing facilities for wound checks and follow ups.
Our rich Benefit Package includes: vacation, holidays, health/vision/dental/life insurance options, shift differential, sick leave, bereavement, CME, Employee Assistance Program, Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and a retirement plan.
About the Area:
- Great Central Location! an hour from Madison, Wisconsin, 90 minutes from Chicago, Illinois and 75 minutes from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Some of its greatest assets include the world-class riverfront, charming downtown, and historic residential neighborhoods. The area is a hidden gem in Wisconsin. House Method named it “the most underrated city in the state” in 2018.
- This is an eclectic city bursting with art, culture, and flavor. This town sits on the midway point of the Rock River Trail, which is a 320-mile course spanning Wisconsin and Illinois. For other outdoor ideas, you can take a quiet kayaking trip on Turtle Creek and view one of the nation’s oldest five-arch stone bridges. Wisconsin’s oldest private college, is home to historic buildings and 20 effigy mounds built between AD 400 and 1200.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC220560 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: brittmedical.com/search-current-jobs