We are hiring an experienced cardiothoracic physician assistant in Beautiful Southwestern Arizona!!
Candidate will get to work with 2 amazing cardiac surgeons at a growing cardiac surgery program doing more than 300 hearts annually! The Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner will be primarily doing OR duties about 50-60%.
- Make rounds on inpatients in ICU
- Make rounds on inpatient on the floor
- Write progress and/or consult notes in Epic
- Discharge any patients that are ready
- Order any labs, chest x-rays, etc that are needed
- Assist in OR
- In between cases:
- Answer any phone calls from nursing or office staff re: patients
- Finish up any outstanding notes (progress, consult, H&P, discharge summaries)
- Make sure that all necessary information including imaging for the following days cases are available in Epic
- Review all pre-op labs/testing for upcoming cases so that there are no surprises (unforeseen delays or cancellations)
- Make sure that all orders for the following day have been put into Epic
Comprehensive Salary Range and Benefits! Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Vacation, Life, Disability and MUCH MORE!