Adelphi Medical Staffing is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in a facility in Williamsburg, VA to assist with locum tenens coverage. Experience working with an acute and chronic adult inpatient population is required. Details for the assignment are provided below:
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-114-15
• Profession: Nurse Practitioner (NP)
• Specialty: Internal Medicine / Family Medicine
• Location: Williamsburg, VA
• Service Setting: Inpatient
• Facility Type: Hospital
• Start Date: ASAP #
• Contract Length: 3 months (with the option to extend 3 -6 months)
• Shift Schedule: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri (8:00 am-5:00 pm)
• Psychiatry coverage is provided
• Rate: $70/hr-$75/hr
• Active VA License
• 3+ more years as a Practitioner
• Experience working with adult admissions or geriatric admissions and acute and chronic health management of adult and geriatric populations.
• Comfortable working on admissions workup and potential rapid turnover
• Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary treatment team
• BLS Healthcare Provider certification is required
• Facility Hospitalizations: Acute, Adult, Inpatient wards (male & female)
• Facility Demographics: Forensic, NGRI, Civil, Jail Transfer, and Geriatric populations
• Facility Stay: Short and Long-term length of stay
• Caseload varies by ward and assignment (40-45)
• Full complement of interdisciplinary team members
• Responsible for patient care that includes examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of medical illnesses for adult and geriatric psychiatric inpatient populations.
• Serves as medical consultant to the attending practitioner.
• Completes admission medical assessments (including history and physical examinations, mental status examination) and entering admission orders.
• Orders diagnostic/therapeutic tests and procedures.
• Monitors patients' progress, including laboratory values and special procedures with appropriate follow-up or referrals as needed