We are hiring an experienced Breast Surgery Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner with extensive First Assisting in Breast Surgeries!
The Advanced Practice Provider works within the multidisciplinary team in Breast Surgery and would be full continuum of care in preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative patient care!
This position serves one of Chicago's top Breast Surgeons! Our breast team represents expertise across the spectrum of breast care for both benign and malignant conditions: breast imaging, breast surgery, medical and radiation oncology, reconstructive surgery, clinical genetics, pathology and nursing. Through this integrated approach, patients receive a comprehensive treatment plan that optimizes chances of their survival and quality of life.
- Obtains medical history and performs physical assessments.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes appropriate medications as set forth in delegation of prescriptive authority.
- Prescribes appropriate treatments.
- Screens patients to determine the need for hospital admission.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated.
- Participates in the management of outpatients.
- Supports faculty clinics.
- Prepares Breast Conference write-ups on a weekly basis.
- Places medication orders in Epic and submits prescriptions and refills via phone.
- Responds to triage phone calls, patient emails, and MyChart messages.
- Performs procedures in clinic – i.e cyst/seroma aspirations, abscess drainages, etc.
- Assists with coverage of operating rooms to pre op patients for surgical cases.
- Assists with counseling for basic genetic testing and working with Breast Center nurse to perform/order genetic testing.
- May provide cross-coverage to other General Surgery services.
- Designs patient education programs that include information required to make informed health care and treatment decisions.
Salary Range $110K-155K, Comprehensive Benefits; Health, Dental, Vision, Matching 403B, Life, Disability, Vacation, CME, Relocation Assistance Monies and MUCH MORE!
This Physician Assistant job opening last updated on 04/13/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PAJobSite.com.
About Palm Careers:Palm Health Resources is the heartbeat of Palm Careers, which is exclusively dedicated to providing permanent healthcare recruitment solutions. Palm Health Resources has a rock-solid history of providing superior service to medical professions. Our company consists of only the BEST team of eager healthcare recruiters who have over 40 years of combined healthcare recruitment experience satisfying clients. Our company is truly inspired to exceed our clients' and candidates' expectations. We firmly believe that by being a trusted resource to our clients, our mission will continue to prevail to provide the best match making for our candidates and clients. Skill sets are undoubtedly central to our services, yet taught; hence, the best match is just as important ensuring a muc...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company